Terms and Conditions of Participation 2019
1. The PSI Sustainability Awards (Event) are implemented by the PSI, which is operated by Reed Exhibitions Deutschland GmbH, Völklinger Straße 4, D-40219 Düsseldorf (Organiser).
2. PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 winners will receive a comprehensive presentation opportunity at PSI 2021, the Leading European Trade Show of the Promotional Products Industry, to present their submission.
Only promotional products industry actors from Germany or abroad are eligible to participate in the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020. They can enter as a company or submit a campaign or product for seven categories of the international PSI Sustainability Awards. A direct application for category 8 is not possible.
The categories are:
Category 1: PSI Sustainability Awards - Economic Excellence
Category 2: PSI Sustainability Awards - Environmental Excellence
Category 3: PSI Sustainability Awards - Social Excellence
Category 4: PSI Sustainability Awards - Environment Initiative
Category 5: PSI Sustainability Awards - Social Initiative
Category 6: PSI Sustainability Awards - Sustainable Product
Category 7: PSI Sustainability Awards - Sustainable Campaign
Category 8: PSI Sustainability Awards - Sustainable Company of the Year
3. Nomination process
1. Reed Exhibitions Deutschland GmbH begins the application process by nominating companies from the promotional products industry from Germany and abroad on the basis of their prior participation(s) and their entry in the PSI Supplier Finder. It should be noted that the entry in the PSI Supplier Finder and the PSI Distributor Finder is based on the company’s own information, which is not verified by Reed Exhibitions
2. Companies that have not been nominated by Reed Exhibitions Deutschland GmbH pass through the same application process as companies already nominated.
4. Scoring system, jury
1. A scoring system defined by the organiser at its sole discretion will be used to assign a score to all queried and supplied data. The stricter and more important the profile of a certificate, the higher the score. The scoring system will also be used to take into account the type of company (promotional products manufacturer or importer), the size of the company, and the production site and any production facilities, if applicable.
2. The jury will be comprised of representatives from trade magazines and trade associations of the promotional products industry, the industrial sector and the PSI Promotional Product Service Institute operated by Reed Exhibitions Deutschland GmbH. In Categories 4, 5, 6, and 7, the jury will evaluate entered companies, campaigns and products at its sole discretion and under particular consideration of the following criteria: economy, environment and social impact, the three so-called pillars of CSR.
3. Decisions made by the organiser concerning the scoring system and decisions made by the jury shall be incontestable. No right of legal recourse shall be granted.
5. Conditions of participation
Participation in the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 shall only be possible in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
of Participation and, in particular, with the conditions listed hereinafter:
In accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Participation, only products, campaigns, certified companies or
corporate in-house initiatives from the following areas shall be eligible to participate:
• Promotional products distributors, where applicable with the permission of the manufacturer
• Advertising agencies
The sponsors of the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 are not eligible to participate in the competition.
1. Submissions shall be made by visiting the website www.psi-sustainability-awards.de and, upon receipt of the confirmation of participation, submitting products, campaigns, certificates or in-house initiatives to:
If the products to be submitted are not available in time to be judged, they will be disqualified from the competition – no exceptions. However, the participant must still cover the costs.
2. All participating products, campaigns, certified companies and corporate in-house initiatives winning an award are going to be exhibited at PSI – International Promotional Products Trade Fair 2021.
3. Binding Nature of the Registration
The registration for participation in the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 becomes binding for participants once received by the organiser. Participants may not withdraw from participation in the PSI Sustainability Awards once registered.
4. Miscellaneous conditions of participation
1. Participation fees apply.
For PSI members:
250.00 EUR (200.00 UER*) for entering a product (general hapticals, textiles, paper, writing instruments)
295.00 EUR (230.00 EUR*) for entering a product-set
415.00 EUR (325.00 EUR*) for entering a product-line
345.00 EUR (270.00 EUR*)for entering as a company (a one-time fee for categories 1-5)
290.00 EUR (230.00 EUR*) for entering a campaign
Participation fees are exclusive of VAT.
For non-PSI members:
450.00 EUR (345.00 EUR*) for entering a product (general hapticals, textiles, paper,
535.00 EUR (405.00 EUR*) for entering a product-set
785.00 EUR (600.00 EUR*) for entering a product-line
635.00 EUR (485.00 EUR*) for entering as a company (a one-time fee for categories 1-5)
535.00 EUR (405.00 EUR*) for entering a campaign
Participation fees are exclusive of VAT.
* For companies founded after 01/01/2018, the start-up prices will apply in 2020 as well.
2. The participation deadline is 17/06/2020, postmark or receipt of email to https://www.psi-awards.de/en/
3. The products have to be sent to the mentioned adress above until 01/07/2020.
4. A participant may enter several products, campaigns, certificates or in-house initiatives. Award
submissions for Categories 4 (Environment Initiative) and 5 (Social Initiative) are limited to one for each participant.
5. Application form
Participation is only possible online by visiting www.psi-awards.de and requires the explicit acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
6. Rights to entered products, campaigns, certificates andin-house initiatives
1. Participation in the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 with products, campaigns, certificates or in-house initiatives presupposes that the participant is the sole holder of all rights, including unrestricted usage rights to the entered products, campaigns, certificates or in-house initiatives. Furthermore, participation presupposes that the participant holds exclusive rights to the promotional product used in this process or has received unrestricted written permission to participate in the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 with this promotional product and this campaign by the sole holder of all rights to the promotional product deployed in this campaign.
2. In case the aforementioned conditions have not been met, the participant shall be obligated to compensate the organiser for any consequential damages and to indemnify the organiser on first demand from any thirdparty claims for damages or any other claims.
1.The participating company must cover the costs for sending the product sample and is liable for any items lost in transit.
2. The submitted products will be stored until and including the 2021 PSI fair to present them to the visitors.
3. All submitted products, campaigns, certificates, in-house initiatives and other materials will only be returned upon special request. If you desire that, please inform us until 01/12/2020.
8. Cancellation of the event
1. In case the implementation of the PSI Sustainability Awards 2020 should become impossible wholly or in part, or in case the event is cancelled by the organiser for any other reason, the organiser shall be obligated to inform participants immediately and without delay about the partial or complete cancellation of the event.
2. Participants shall not have the right to assert any claims for damages or any other claims against the organiser.
9. Organiser liability
The organiser shall not be liable to participants in cases of ordinary negligence or negligence. Aforementioned limitation of liability shall not apply in case of damages incurred due to injuries of life, limb or health attributable to the organiser.
10. Publication of results
The winners will be presented to the public and the press at a gala event. Participants hereby declare their consent to this publication.
11. Final provisions
1. There are no verbal side agreements. Modifications of or addendums to these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing to become effective. This includes modifications of, addendums to or the nullification of this written-form clause itself.
2. Should individual provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions of Participation be or become invalid, the effectiveness of the remaining provisions will remain unaffected. In that case, the parties agree that any invalid provision shall be replaced by such a valid provision whose effect comes closest to the commercial purpose of the invalid provision.
3. These Terms and Conditions of Participation shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany under exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts. The German-language text of these Terms and Conditions of Participation shall be legally binding.