CGASA - Corporate Gifts Association of Southern Africa03.02.2012
CGASA will promote the best practice around the sourcing, manufacturing and distribution of promotional products.
We exist to enable our members to be more professional and successful.
CGASA members will meet international standards of product quality, service levels and business practices.
CGASA will be run by an Executive Board, appointed by the shareholders.
In addition there will be an Advisory Board, consisting of Supplier, Reseller, and Brander representatives.
Initially this Board will be appointed by the Executive Board however eventually these members will be elected by the entire CGASA membership.
• Suppliers - importers and manufacturers who supply resellers only
• Resellers - buy from suppliers and resell to end users
• Branders - printers, embroiderers, engravers, etc.
• Supplier/Reseller - supplies trade and end users.
• Suppler/Reseller/Retailer - sells to trade, end users and retail outlets
A Supplier is a company whose principal business is manufacturing or importing promotional products for sale to a promotional products reseller; or a firm maintaining an affiliate, division or a department devoted to the selling of promotional products exclusively.
A Reseller develops and sources ideas for the use of promotional products as an advertising medium, buys such items from suppliers and sells them to end users, as its principal business. A reseller carries their own accounts receivable, sells and invoices completely in their own name and operates their own place of business.
A Brander transforms our everyday items into an advertising medium by applying logos and slogans to every conceivable gift or promotional product. These products can range from pens, shirts, umbrellas, balloons and yo-yos to diaries, hampers and uniforms --- the list is endless. They will print and prepare goods for final presentation to ensure that client's deadlines for that all important promotion or event is met.
The CGASA logo will add credibility and quality assurance to industry clients and service providers while adding value to members by arranging group discounts on a wide range of services.
Being a qualified and therefore respected member of the CGASA will ensure:
- Credibility with clients and regulatory agencies elevating one to Preferential Supplier status.
- Recognition for our profession within and outside the Industry by convincing the end user client base that the products and service are supplied play an integral part in the marketing mix. (Our Industry does not sell ‘gimmicks' - it offers services and products that create brand awareness and longevity)
- Education for the Industry generally on best business practices including marketing, logistics, sourcing throughout the Industry and graphics.
- Accredited and creditworthy members operating in our Industry as each approved member will have to submit a bank report and pass a credit check by Trans Union at least once a year.
- A Levelling the playing field because as membership grows it will be more and more difficult for single order traders, hobbyists and fraudulent buyers acting on behalf of end users and the like to compete with legitimate Professional Members.
- Equal treatment for all three member groups who will all now have an equal voice facilitated by arbitration (Disputes will first go to CGASA management, then to an advisory board and finally to an independent arbitrator if necessary).
- Marketing opportunities for all members on the website and in all future publications.
- Commercial independence by providing members with their very own Virtual Sample Software for use across the entire spectrum of products locally and internationally.
- Effectively promoted and operated trade shows - centrally and regionally for Trade Only access.
- Membership with a team of people who are involved in the same business and who are able to discuss mutual interests and to give and receive advice (Consider that every business group - advertising, motor trade, plumbers, insurance agents and companies, even tennis players and golfers have formed associations to generate the benefits and advantages we are offering).
- Increased profitability for all members due to negotiated bulk discounts or rebates on courier charges, insurance fees, medical aid rates, IT and software support, stationery supply, financial services and so on.
- Industry statistics on various segments of our business such as the financial contribution to GDP, the number of people employed, trends in respect of most popular products purchased, which industries are the biggest spenders on promotional items, etc. (Statistics will provide the Industry with leverage)!
- Meeting of the new and ever changing compliance and quality regulations on imported and locally manufactured items.
An organised and structured Industry is a powerful one!